- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
January 3 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Suffolk Family Carers have been approved by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England to deliver Youth MHFA training to those who work with, live with, teach or support young people aged 8 to 18 years. The skills-based training teaches people to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues, confidently provide support on a first aid basis and guide a young person towards the support they may need.
The course is designed to teach participates to:
- Spot the early signs and symptoms of mental ill health in young people
- Start a supportive conversation with a young person who may be experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress
- Listen to a young person non-judgementally
- Assess the risk of suicide and self-harm in a young person
- Guide the young person to access appropriate professional support or self-help strategies
- Escalate to the appropriate emergency services if necessary
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Protect themselves whilst performing their role
A recent participant said: “I feel that it is really important to keep talking about mental health and I like that this course is aligned with physical first aid. The trainer gave good examples from professional experiences and was sensitive to potential impacts.”
Suffolk Family Carers have a range of course options available and are currently able to offer the Youth MHFA Two Day course at an introductory price of £1,600 for up to 16 delegates and the Youth MHFA One Day course for £800 for between eight and 16 delegates. Please contact us to discuss further.